Safety and Security
- 7 Resources to Help Students Stay Safe at the University of Virginia
- Student Safety Guide
- Office of Safety and Emergency Preparedness Resources
- UVA Police
- Just Report It - File a complaint if you feel that you have been a target of bias.
Resources for Faculty
Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) - Offers guidance and resources on responding to critical incidents.
- CTE offers these curated resources to help instructors address this and other critical incidents in their classrooms.
- UVA Faculty Development Facebook page - Features seminars, workshops, and resources for UVA faculty.
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) - Offers guidance for faculty when engaging and supporting students during distressing times.
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) - Located in the Elson Student Health Building and available to students, the outpatient clinic offers clinical services, suicide prevention and educational outreach.
- Faculty and Employee Assistance Program (FEAP) - Provides comprehensive, on-site assistance to employees and their families.
- Office of the Dean of Students (ODOS) (434-924-7133), located in Peabody Hall, including ODOS Multicultural Student Services staff (434-924-9250), located on the lower level of Newcomb Hall.
- ODOS LGBTQ Student Services staff (434-982-2843), located next to the Multicultural Student Center in Newcomb Hall. Safe Space training will be available in the fall.
- Office for Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights (434-924-7179), located in Washington Hall on the East Range.
- Office of African-American Affairs (434-924-7923), located on Dawson's Row.
- Office for Diversity and Equity (434-243-2079), located in Madison Hall.
- Maxine Platzer Lynn Women's Center (434-982-2252), located at 432 McCormick Road (in the small parking lot off Bonnycastle Drive).
- Students and community members can also call Madison House’s student-led "HelpLine": 434-295-TALK.